Terms & Conditions
This Site may include a variety of features, such as blogs, bulletin boards, chat rooms, forums, galleries, groups and reader comments which allow feedback to this Site and real-time interaction between users, and other features, such as e-mail services, which allow users to communicate with others. Responsibility for what is posted on bulletin boards and other public posting areas on the Site lies with each user. It is a condition of your use of this Site that you do not:
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Site.
- Use the Site to post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic or other objectionable information of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, state, national or international law.
- Use the Site to post or transmit any content or information that violates the rights of others, including content that is an invasion of privacy or publicity rights or which is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights without first obtaining permission from the owner or right holder.
- Use the Site to post or transmit any content, software or materials that contain a virus or other harmful component.
- Use the Site to post, transmit or in any way exploit any content, materials or information for commercial purposes.
- Use the Site to advertise or to solicit anyone to buy or sell products or services or make donations of any kind, without the express written approval of the Post-Gazette.
- Gather for the purpose of spamming e-mail addresses that have been posted by other users of the Site.
- Use of the Site to impersonate any person or entity, including without limitation any Post-Gazette employee or otherwise falsely state or otherwise misrepresent the origin of any materials posted or your affiliation with a person or entity.
If you display one or more of the Site's feeds on your personal web site or web log, you must display the Post-Gazette logo that is included in the feed or otherwise state that the information is provided by the Post-Gazette. Information within the feed(s) may not be changed, deleted or redistributed. Feeds from this Site may not be used on personal web sites that have advertising content appearing on the same page(s) as the feeds.
A business or organization that wishes to distribute the Site's feeds on a web site, blog or other digital publication must first contact the Post-Gazette and receive permission. To request permission, please click here.
The Post-Gazette reserves the right to disable, change or discontinue feeds at any time, as well as the right to require any person, business or organization to cease the display of our feeds at any time and for any reason. The Post-Gazette does not accept any liability for its feeds. Use of the feeds does not imply that the Post-Gazette endorses, promotes or supports any third-party cause, product or service.
All copyright rights to this Site, including rights to the work and designs provided by the Post-Gazette and compilations of listings materials organized for this Site, are owned by PG Publishing Co. Copyrighted © 1997 through 2010, PG Publishing Co., All rights reserved. You cannot re-transmit, print or photocopy the materials on this Site for re-distribution in any medium without the written permission of PG Publishing Co.
For more information, see republication permissions.
No Protection for User Content
If a user of this Site provides content, materials or information to this Site, such submissions shall be deemed to be non-confidential and placed in the public domain by the user. The Post-Gazette has no obligation of any kind with respect to such content, materials or information and is free to reproduce, use, disclose and distribute any portion of the submissions, including any ideas or information contained in the submissions for any purpose whatsoever.
No Liability for Information and Hyperlinks
The Post-Gazette will use reasonable efforts to include up-to-date and accurate information in this Site, but makes no representations, warranties, or assurances as to the accuracy, currency or completeness of the information provided. The Post-Gazette shall not be liable for any damages or injury, direct or indirect, resulting from your access to, or inability to access, this Site, or from your reliance on any information provided at the Site or at any site to which the Site may post a hyperlink or reference, whether or not such damages or injury were foreseeable.
Exclusion of Warranty
This Site is provided "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusion may not apply to you.
You understand that the Post-Gazette has no obligation to monitor any blogs, bulletin boards, chat rooms, or other areas of this Site through which users can supply content, materials or information. However, the Post-Gazette reserves the right to reject, remove or modify any content, materials and information, in whole or in part at any time for any reason. In addition, the Post-Gazette reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or governmental request.
Notice of Modification/Changes at Will